Thanks For Energy Contest!
Posted November 21, 2016
Over the Thanksgiving week, staff from the Coalition for a Secure Energy Future will be monitoring energy use at Lignite Energy Council President Jason Bohrer’s home in Bismarck, ND using digital energy monitors. Thank you to North American Coal for hooking us up with Skeels Electric in Bismarck who are installing the monitoring device to make this contest possible and answer the following questions:
Will energy use increase during Thanksgiving?
How much electricity will Jason use on Thanksgiving day?
Where will YOUR electricity come from on Thanksgiving day?
Click Here to see the home’s current energy use.
Share this contest on social media using the hashtag: #Thanks4Energy
Learn more about the prizes:
- Ten-outlet surge protector with four-foot cord
- Right-angle plug keeps cord close to the wall
- Automatically turns off power when not in use to help save energy
- Calculates cost and forecasts by week, month, and year
- Displays eight critical units of measure on the large LCD display
- Built-in backup of accumulated information.
- Accurate within 0.2%
- Calculates cost and forecasts by week, month and year
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Auto-Schedule: Nest learns the temperatures you like and programs itself in about a week.
- Home/Away Assist: Nest automatically turns itself down when nobody’s home to help you save energy.
- Remote Control: Connect your thermostat to Wi‑Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Farsight: When Nest spots you across the room, it lights up to show you the time, temperature or weather.
- Energy History: Check your Energy History in the Nest app to see how much energy you use
- ENTRY: No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contestants will enter by submitting answers to The Coalition for a Secure Energy Future’s (The Coalition) Facebook Page.
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, over the age of 18. Employees of The Coalition (along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
- WINNER SELECTION: Employees of The Coalition will judge the contest. Submissions will be judged on their creativity and originality. All decisions of the judges are final.
- PRIZES: Winners will receive prizes as noted, with a maximum value of less than $250.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified within 14 days after the determination date. Inability to contact a winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS:
- Participants hereby grant The Coalition a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant TMF the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license.
- The Coalition is under no obligation to use any Submission or return the Submissions to participants.
- Winners will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent and General Release form within 14 days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- USE OF CONTEST INFORMATION: All entries become the property of The Coalition. The Coalition reserves the right to use any and all information related to the contest, including submissions provided by the contestants, for editorial, marketing and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook and release Facebook from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest.
- CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Coalition in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Coalition is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, The Coalition may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release The Coalition from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
- WINNERS LIST: The names of the winner may be obtained by sending a self-addresses stamped envelope to: Social Media Contests, The Coalition for a Secure Energy Future, 1016 Owens Ave. Bismarck, ND 58502